Thursday, September 25, 2008

time to work.

I have finished year 11.

I guess as I'm getting exams back, I'm certainly coming to the realisation of how much harder I need to work next year; not only so I do well but to avoid the consequences of not doing as well as I know I can. Let me tell you, I'm good at being angry at myself. It's not always a bad thing, but if it's for too lengthy a period or for a particularly bad reason, and stuffing up year 12 would fall into the VERY angry at self category, it's not good for me.

It's the kind of thing where I don't like not reaching my potential. It makes me angry that I'm not using what I've been given; that I'm not breathing every breathe like a gift to be kept; that I'm not realising that every breath is not obligation; it is a gift. And every breathe that I've been given points to a grace that I cannot fully comprehend. And yes, I did just compile three Jon Foreman quotes there. They are three quotes that I hope I never forget.

I always make "going to work harder" resolutions, yet they never come into fruition. My goodness I hope it does this time. Surely the whole year 12 thing will work some magic on my laziness and motivation.

I'm tossing up whether or not to keep extension maths, I probably shouldn't, but there's a part of me that thinks if I really worked I would be good at it. Maybe I'm naïve. My maths teacher thinks it'd be better for me to concentrate on normal maths so I can bring that mark up so it'll work well for my UAI. Maybe she's right.

Anyway, I didn't end up having an all day studies of religion class today, but I do have a heck of a lot of reading to do over the holidays now. Environmental ethics. Religion in Australia since 1945. Martin Luther. Saeed Qutb. It's probably 300 pages of reading. Joy. it is at least interesting most of the time.

Tomorrow I am leaving at 5:30am to catch my plane to Jayne. Yes, that was intentional rhyme. Probably no blogs until I get back from Kids Mission at Henty next Sunday night.

Bis Dann! (until then)

No comments: