Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Returned from Melbourne/Henty

I am back from my travels.

I visited Jayne for 5 days and had a good time not doing much but just, you know. There was the eating of rocky road and extraordinary chocolate mousse (which I now have the recipe for). There were her relatives that did include a 3 year old boy who could not be beaten on cuteness. All the kids were so polite, it was funny at times. The 3 year old goes to sit on this chair and turns around to find the cat there. He pushes him off followed by a "thank you". Definitely a lol moment.

Then I went to Henty for mission. I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive. I didn't feel prepared and well, to be honest, I wasn't. I should have done so much more before I went but it actually worked out fine, I guess you've just got to trust. I had the kindy and pre-school kids for the "study" time, which was good fun but it did mean having to write most of the answers for them, not that I minded. I did all the drawings for the talks and managed to actually get them done, even if not to the standard I hoped. I didn't actually do any of the talks because quite frankly when we were deciding who was doing what I was all "heck no! I'm terrified of public speaking", in hindsight I don't think it would have been that bad, I would put my hand up to do it now, but maybe when it came to it I'd still be terrified.

Anyway, the mission went pretty well I think and about 30 kids came both weekdays and a few less on the Sunday. Aside from the actual mission we enjoyed some country life, outside dunny included, but just a normal one on the veranda, not a real dunny. We stayed with an older couple on a farm but spent most of our time out and about. Went in to Albury one afternoon and did almost nothing but eat ice-cream and wonder through the botanic gardens, possibly not worth a 45 minute travel each way, but meh. On the Saturday we went to the Culcairn show, which didn't really have much, but you know, country experience haha. Bonfire on Saturday night which was good fun. It's just nice hanging round with people and chatting.

And I'm going to stop rattling on now.

No comments: